Friday, February 1, 2008

Shannon Hale's Princess Academy

I finally read Princess Academy last week. I really don't know why it took me so long! Both of my daughters (now 17yo and 12yo) had recommended it, and it was even a 2006 Newbery Honor Book.

When Card reviewed it in July 2005, he was effusive in his praise. For example, despite the fact that Princess Academy is a young adult novel, Card said,
I believe it's a book for everybody. Grownups especially. It's been a long time since I've read an adult novel with anything like Hale's knowledge of human nature and human communities.
I know that I, for one, am a grown-up who loved this book! (My complete review is here.)

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I agree I think adults find plenty to love in Shannon Hale's works.