Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

I just wanted to take a minute and wish you all a very happy New Year! I hope 2008 is good to you all. And I'm so excited to *officially* get this challenge started! Some of you began in the fall, including me, but others haven't started yet! So welcome, welcome, welcome. If you like you can introduce yourself if you haven't done so yet. You can post your challenge list--the books you hope to read, or post your list of recommendations. Have you read a few books that qualify that you'd like to *encourage* others to seek out and read this year? Then do it! I love getting book recommendations. And I'm sure that most of us feel the same way. There's nothing like a personal testimony to add another book to the old tbr pile. :)

If you have read Orson Scott Card before (and it's not a requirement by any means), you may want to write a post describing your experiences with Card's fiction. I know a *few* of us are big fans, and will take any excuse to gush about OSC!

Also feel free to ask questions, to ask for recommendations, to ask if anyone has read a particular author or book.

Also would anyone be interested in joining a google group for the challenge? I haven't created one. And I honestly don't know if they'd be much interest. Some people are all about the community and having shared discussions, some just want to read and prefer to keep things more private. If there's an interest, I'll create one. Otherwise, I'll pass. A discussion email group is only *fun* if there are active members. And I know people are busy enough as it is. So just let me know what you think.

No comments: