Sunday, September 23, 2007

Jane Austen in 2008



I found this via A Reader's Journal, I have exciting news for all Austen fans :) Masterpiece Theatre is going to broadcast all six of Austen's novels in 2008! Isn't that absolutely thrilling???? They also say they're going to broadcast a brand new "drama" based on her life. Be sure to enter the contest to win a free 6-in-1 collection of Austen novels. They're giving away 100 copies. To enter, just sign up for their newsletter. Not only will they let you know when the shows are airing, you might just win a free book!

Emma
Mansfield Park
Northanger Abbey
Persuasion
Pride and Prejudice
Sense and Sensibility

Since all of Austen's work is eligible for the Cardathon challenge, I hope that some of you will consider reading at least one or two of her books. I think this would make a great mini-challenge as well. To watch and/or read these six novels.

1 comment:

3M said...

Yes! I knew about this and had decided to read the 4 I hadn't read for the Themed Reading Challenge.

Can't wait to watch them!