Sunday, September 16, 2007

Becky's List

The Cardathon Challenge List:

Books I'm 100% planning on reading

Books by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Hobbit
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
The Silmarillion


Books by C.S. Lewis

The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe
Prince Caspian
Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Silver Chair
Horse and His Boy
Magician's Nephew
Last Battle


Books by Orson Scott Card
Xenocide
Children of the Mind
Ender's Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
Shadow Puppets
Shadow of the Giant
Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus
Enchantment


Books I'd like to potentially read

*At least one book by Isaac Asimov (maybe more)
*Several books by Jane Austen
*At least one book by Ray Bradbury (maybe more)
*Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell (I'd like to at least try to read this. If I don't like it, I can always abort.)
*At least one book by Neil Gaiman
*At least one book by Robert Heinlein
*At least one book by George R.R. Martin
Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
*Around the World in 80 Days by Verne
*The Once and Future King by T.H. White

Ideally, I will read *every* book on the list and have the time and energy to read beyond this initial list. There are many, many books that I'd like to get to eventually. This is just a starting point.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Great list Becky!! I think I'll be adding the Tolkien books to my list too...Stealing your idea ;) I had planned on reading "the trilogy" next year again sometime anyway and I'm always up for another reading of The Hobbit, and I haven't read The Silmarillion. I'm also reading the Narnia books for the Series challenge, so I guess I can count those too! I love Pastwatch! There have been rumors that he may do a second Pastwatch book focused on Adam & Eve, but those are strictly rumors from what I've heard...though awhile back, something actually popped up on Amazon about it! That would be cool though. I went and saw Becoming Jane tonight and really want to read some Jane Austen now, so I may add a book or two of her's as well. Though I'll probably pick something lesser known like Northanger Abbey...I know too much about her other novels from the BBC productions. I can't wait for your reviews! I'm so excited about this challenge :)

Becky said...

I love Pastwatch as well. It is in my top five, I think. I keep seeing "Pastwatch: Flood" pop up in various places. But it's always very vague and unofficial looking. But I think it would be very interesting if there was another book coming out.

I am reading Pride and Prejudice right now. I'd love to read all of Austen in the next year or so. We'll see what I have time for :)

I'm so happy you're enjoying the challenge!

Mrs. Hill said...

Becky,

If you're looking for good Asimov choices (there are soooo many to choose from) I really love his Robot Stories. One of the collections of short stories that I like is Robot Dreams. Of course, if you're going by Card's recommendations then you would read the Foundations series (but you may have already read those).
Pam

Becky said...

Pam,

Thanks for your recommendations. I am curious to read what I can. I've never read any Asimov, and I was planning on reading at least the first in the Foundation series. But I may read Robot Dreams as well. Who knows, I might read more than that if I like what I find.

I always welcome recommendations, so keep them coming :)